If you already have a security system in your home or workplace, you may not think you need security cameras as well. Unfortunately, even with a security system, intruders can still attempt to break into your home or workplace. CCTV cameras also have several other benefits you may not have considered.
Act as a Deterrent
Simply having visible cameras around your house can often be enough to make a burglar reconsider targeting your home.
Evidence for Police
While visible security cameras can be enough to deter most criminals, it might not be enough for others. This is where captured footage can be used to identify criminals. Not only does this aid the police is apprehending criminals, but also helps you press charges with the supplied evidence.
Peace of Mind
No one likes being woken up by a suspicious noise in the middle of the night. If you have security cameras installed, you can check to see what's happening without having to leave the comfort of your bed.
Keep Watching on your Family
Security cameras can have many benefits even when you're at home.
- Keep an eye on your children to make sure they aren't misbehaving
- Use your security cameras as a video baby monitor
- Care for an elderly family member by setting up cameras in the areas around their living space
- See who's at the front door of your house before you go to answer the door
Check on Things While You're Away
Having security cameras can also help you keep a watchful eye on your house and family while you're out.
- Check up on your pets while you aren't at home
- Know when your children get home from school, and that they get home safe
- Check on your house when the alarm goes off to determine if it's a false alarm or something more serious
- Keep an eye on your babysitter or nanny while you're out
- Check on builders, maintenance crews or anyone working at your home
It's not unusual to spend thousands of dollar on home and contents insurance. Why not spend a fraction of that price for a little extra security for your assets at your home and workplace. If you're thinking about getting a CCTV system, why not give us a call on 1300 004 226 or have a look at our line of CCTV products.